PAGES

PROFILE

 DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS

 DEPARTMENT PROFILE


The department of Physics was started in 1951-52 with Sri D.S.Subrahmanyam, the founder Principal, Sri.K.S.R.Bhaskara Sarma and Sri S.Surya Narayanda Murthy. Then Sri P.V.S.Muktheswaram.Sri G.V.SubbaRao, Sri M.Stya Narayana Srl A.V.Krishna rao and Sri L.Lakshmana Rao joined in the department. Sri A.A. Rama Krishna and Sri V Madhusudhana Rao joined as demonstrators and later promoted as lecturers and Sri M. Alchuta Rao joined as lecturer. Sri P.S. Janardhana Rao joined the department as demonstrator and Sri M. Satya Narayana Rao joined as lecturer. All these faculty members retired from their service.

Sri D.S.Subrahmanyam served as MLC for three consecutive terms from Teacher's Constituency. He was also instrumental in initiating the College Teacher's Movement in the State. Besides Sri D.S.Subrahmanyam, Sri K.S.R. Bhaskara Sarma, Sri P.V.S Muktheswaram, Sri A.V. Krishna Rao and Sri A.A. Rama Krishna authored many text books both for UG and +2 levels. Sri P.V.S. Muktheswaram was also member of Telugu Academy of State Govt.

The department is having the pride possession of some rare and heritage instruments. One of such instruments is a rare 60 astronomical telescope, which was used to view the Rare Planetary Alignment in March 2004. This was open to public in the college grounds. t